Entry 2: Research Development

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

This project was initially designed to be built in an Arduino. The idea was to use the Arduino as an engine to both process the weather API, and display output in an LCD screen - as a replacement of an interface. However, after doing further research, there are many and clear implications when trying to build this product using an Arduino, primarily implications in regards to processing data and aesthetics. I created a "Pro and Con" table below that compares using an Arduino, Rasberry Pi, or both. 



In the end, I decided to use a different approach. Instead of using an Arduino to process data, I would be using a Rasberry PI as the foundation to build the product. I would be writing the program with python and build the interface using either TKinter as I'm planning to keep the GUI simple for a better user experience. 

Post a Comment

© Hilary Young. .